« Home | JR's Blog: Vladimir Kozlov, This Week’s SmackDown,... » | Injury to Bourne Causes Match for RAW to be Scrapped » | Looking Ahead: My Early WrestleMania 25 Card » | Rappers Suing WWE for John Cena's Theme Song » | Are We Ready » | Young Stars Shine » | 80's Wrestler S.D. Jones Dies at 63 » | Some Final Thoughts on Cyber Sunday » | Let's Talk Wrestling Cyber Sunday Post -Match Show » | Honky Tonk Man Ready for Cyber Sunday »


Chris Jericho Speaks Out on Hitting Michaels' Wife, Title Reign, More

Chris Jericho was interviewed by The Baltimore Sun today to promote the Fuse-TV series “Redemption Road.” You can read the rest at this link. A good part of the interview focused on the series, but here are highlights of some of the professional wrestling-related discussion:

Reaction after the angle where he struck Shawn Michaels’ wife Rebecca:
“I mean, what could you say? It was one of those things where there’s always the X factor that something could happen like that, and we all knew what the danger of it was. Obviously, Shawn and I felt terrible. Rebecca did not. She loved it. She thought it was awesome. And the fact that she didn’t end up with any permanent damage – no broken teeth, a fat lip for a couple weeks – it’s probably the best thing that could have happened. That really kick-started the angle and took it to a different place. Obviously, I felt so bad about it, but when all was said and done, it actually worked out for the best.”

His Broken Tooth in the Michaels Ladder Match: “[My wife] wasn’t happy about it, but it was more that she was sad that I got hurt. My son wasn’t happy about it either, but that’s the business. I’m a warrior and sometimes things like that happen. I’ve never lost a tooth before; I hope I don’t ever lose one again. You live with it. You look like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber until you get to the dentist. And then the next thing you know, you get the crown on there and you never notice anything different. It’s a war wound and that’s the way I treat it. I think it made that match even more dramatic. I think a lot of people said that was the best ladder match they had ever seen, and that’s probably one of the reasons for it, because they knew it was real. Once again, something happened that was outside the box of what a “normal” wrestling match is. I’m actually lucky that I didn’t lose more teeth. The dentist told me that I should have lost all four of the teeth. So I’ll take the half-tooth and just consider myself lucky.”

Whether his World Title Run ended Prematurely: “I was very happy with the work I did while I had it on this run, and how long you keep a title has nothing to do with me. That’s up to the boss, and whatever he wants to do, I’ll be happy to do it. And I’ll get my chance again, and when I do, I’ll do exactly the same thing I did when I had it the last time, which is do the best work that I possibly can and make people hate me even more. Usually in Vince’s grand scheme of things, even though things sometimes don’t seem like they’re the right way to do things at the start, in the big picture they usually always are. And I’ve been around long enough to know that you have to trust the boss when he has a feeling, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Jericho also noted he’s working on his second book but hasn’t had as much time to devote to the book as he’d like with his schedule.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: