Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Snoop Dogg Set for Another WWE Outing?

From: Wrestling Observer

There is talk about trying to get a hold of Snoop Dogg for another appearance to continue where he left off with Santino at WrestleMania 24. WWE is said to be happy about all the promotion they got from hip-hop radio stations because of his appearance.

Labels: ,

Monday, April 14, 2008

SmackDown Staying on Friday Nights



From: Wrestling Observer

MyNetworkTV today officially announced Smackdown would air on Friday nights this coming season. There had been consideration of a move back to Thursday. I have no clue why they would take what will be their most popular show, and put it on their second weakest night.

Labels: , ,

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Why Triple H Missed RAW

From Wrestling Observer:

The reason HHH missed the show on Monday and won't be on next week's show is that his brother-in-law, Gordon Ouellette, passed away suddenly over the weekend at the age of 41. There is a story at www.nashuatelegraph.com although didn't give any details on the death.

Labels: ,

Friday, December 28, 2007

Carlito Staying with the WWE - Here's How




The Following is from Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Several weeks ago WWE superstar Carlito was very upset with his role in the company and asked for his release. Vince McMahon and Carlito had a meeting at the December 3rd RAW in North Charleston, South Carolina. Carlito vented his frustrations but Vince was able to convince him not to leave.

WWE management sees Carlito as a valuable asset for a number of reasons. Aside from the fact that he's a young, talented and charismatic performer, they did not want another one of their recognizable stars jumping to TNA. Additionally, Carlito has strong ties in Puerto Rico, Central and South America, which will help WWE's expansion into those territories.

Carlito’s unhappiness began earlier this year when he was not booked for WrestleMania 23. He told the Ottawa Sun newspaper that he should have been booked for the show and WWE was foolish for not using him as a heel. Carlito’s father Carlos Colon also grew frustrated with WWE because he wanted his WWC promotion to be utilized as one of WWE's developmental territories. WWE was not interested.

Carlito is now back on good terms with WWE. Ever since the meeting with Vince McMahon, Carlito has been treated better on television. They rewarded him on the RAW anniversary special by featuring him in a ladder match with Jeff Hardy. Management loved the match and everything seems to be smoothed over.

Labels: ,

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two WWE Stars Looking to Bring in Former WCW Star

The following comes from Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Both Rey Mysterio and MVP are pushing WWE officials to sign former WCW wrestler Norman Smiley to a contract, either as a wrestler or an agent.

Smiley, 41, has worked a number of dark matches for WWE over the past few years, but has never landed a WWE deal. Smiley worked a dark match with Vladimir Kozlov a few weeks ago. The match went well and Smiley received a huge pop from the audience when he made his entrance.

Smiley helped train MVP as a wrestler when he was starting out. And of course, Mysterio knows Smiley from their time together in WCW and Mexico.

Labels: , ,

Monday, December 17, 2007

New WWE DVD's ready to Roll in 2008

Wrestling Observer has announced the following as far as WWE DVD's in 20078 are concerned:

WWE will be producing DVD's for Batista, Bobby Lashley, Curt Hennig, Steve Austin, The Rock, and The Hell in a Cell in 2008. There will also be a box set for the SummerSlam series from 1988 to present day. Of course in the footage will be the late Chris Benoit, whose name they will not use to promote the discs.

Labels: , , ,

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Could "Sunny" Days Be Coming Back to the WWE?



According to Wrestling Observer, the one wrestler (or diva for that matter) that looks like she'll have the best chance on being back in the WWE is none other than Tammy "Sunny' Sytch. Word is the company was very impressed with her attitude as well as what she brought to the WWE's 15th Anniversary of Raw on Monday night. Observer is stating that Johnny Ace talked to Sunny about her contact info, and about her doing some segments for WWE 24/7. The rumor mill has been buzzing since Monday that Sunny would be back on WWE TV in the not so distant future, so don't be shocked based on what Observer is reporting as well as what we are saying here that Sunny will be back on an either part or full-time role with the company by late winter or Mania in Orlando. Bottom line is if she can stay clean (and all reports are is that she is) then she can be an asset to the company.

Labels: ,

Friday, December 14, 2007

Hogan and Rosie O'Donnell Trade Blows

Following interesting tidbit from Wrestling Observer:

Hulk Hogan is latest person to feud with eleven-time Emmy Award-winning American comedian, television talk show host, author, celebrity blogger, LGBT civil rights activist, film, television, and stage actress Rosie O'Donnell. At an American Gladiators press conference on Thursday, a journalist asked Hogan which celebrity he'd like to see the American Gladiators take on, reports AccessHollywood.com. "Without a doubt Rosie O’Donnell," Hogan said. "Somebody needs to shut that big mouth up." Rosie actually posted a response to Hogan on her blog at Rosie.com yesterday afternoon. Rosie wrote, "Hulk Hogan, the wrestler guy, wants to pummel me. Isn’t that sweet, and wildly odd." Rosie then related Hogan to her arch nemesis, Donald Trump. "It’s like a gang of gross guys, a club almost, old, dumb, white and on TV," she wrote.

Labels: , ,

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Former WWE HOF Manager Heenan to Have Major Surgery




The Following from Wrestling Observer about former WWE Hall of Fame Manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan:

- Bobby Heenan is undergoing major surgery tomorrow. They will be taking bone from both his shin and thigh and using it to reconstruct a new jaw, because his jawbone was destroyed by radiation therapy in treating his throat cancer. The surgery is major enough that after completion, they will have to put him in a coma for several days.

Labels: ,

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Two Main Events for WrestleMania 24 Coming to Form



We touched on this awhile ago, but it looks as if the Triple H vs Batista rematch for WrestleMania 24 is going to happen after all. John Sefcik and I have been discussing the two main events for the show, and it looks like right now we are set for Edge vs Undertaker, and HHH vs Batista. The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter states that HHH will be going over on Jeff Hardy at Armageddon in two weeks, then he will win the strap from Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble.

From there, Batista will win the Rumble, and then challenge HHH for the WWE title at the event. Now as far as fan favorite is concerned, I would have to say that HHH makes the change to heel, and then Batista comes in the fan favorite, and as far as winning goes, that's totally up in the air at this point. The Edge vs Taker match is the biggest money maker from the SmackDown side, with Taker going over for the belt, and the HHH vs Batista rematch from WM 21 would be the main event from how it stands now.

Labels: , , ,

Friday, November 16, 2007

Interesting News on the Timing of the Suspension of Harry "DH" Smith



Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting some interesting news on the recently suspended Harry "DH" Smith, and the timing of the suspension:

"Several sources are saying that Harry "DH" Smith's last test -- which is the one he failed for -- took place on Thursday, September 13 when he was still in developmental. He tested positive for steroids. Smith was apparently the company's first test failure after the flock of suspensions that were announced two weeks earlier related to the Signature Pharmacy scandal.

Based on what is being said, it seems like WWE held off Smith's suspension until they were allowed to publicly announce drug failures on November 1. If they had suspended Smith when they initially got the test results -- which was sometime in September -- they couldn't announce it to the public due to their policy. Even if they wanted to, he would have been a largely unknown developmental wrestler at the time and his suspension would have gone unnoticed. It should be noted that WWE immediately released the suspended names to all of the media outlets they work with, and even some outlets they almost never work with such as the Pro Wrestling Torch. Basically, they wanted the story out immediately and they wanted the names to be known by as many people as possible.

Smith had been down in developmental for quite some time -- nearly a year and a half -- seemingly because they had no idea on how to use him. In what is probably a first, it's starting to look like the decision to finally call Smith up to the main roster was based on the knowledge of his test failure because they had a drug offender to reveal to the public for P.R. purposes. By not suspending him right away in September when they could have, his call-up and wait was to guarantee they had a name to publicly announce when the November 1 provision went into effect. The timing of the announcement of his suspension seems to indicate that the company was looking for names to announce to the public as soon as soon as November 1 hit as proof that their testing is legit. Smith just happened to be the first person caught.

On the other hand, Chris Masters' suspension appears to be more timely because he was off the road for all of September due to his suspension relating to the fallout from the Signature Pharmacy scandal and they don't test wrestlers when they're off the road.

Once again, WWE got the results from Smith's drug test in September. They didn't make the decision to bring him up and push him until a few weeks after they had gotten the test results. Smith was flown to the European tour at the last minute and they ended up debuting him the next Monday on 10/22. He beat Carlito in his debut match and teamed up with Jeff Hardy the next week, winning a tag match over Carlito & Kennedy. Internally, some people believe that his push on television was designed to show that they were willing to suspend a guy that was in the midst of a push and not just wrestlers at the bottom of the totem pole."

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: