« Home | A Possible Order of Events for Mania Tomorrow » | Final Card for WrestleMania 25 » | Rey Mysterio Talks About his Future; Mania » | WWE Spoils Result of Michaels-Taker for Sunday » | Four of the Past Divas Announced for Battle Royal » | Tazz Exits the WWE » | WWE Hall of Fame Presenters and Inductees on a Tig... » | 12 Rounds Tanks at the Box Office » | The Sun Interviews Kane on Mania, More » | New WWE Encyclopedia Debuts at #10 on NY Times Bes... »


Hulkster Says He and Cena Almost Happened



Popeater.com has a new interview with WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan. The Hulkster reveals that he was in talks with Vince McMahon about wrestling John Cena at WrestleMania 25. Here's what he had to say:

"You know what, I was supposed to wrestle John Cena for the title, and about four weeks ago I had back surgery. Vince and I were talking about how much involvement I wanted to have in Wrestlemania, and if I wanted to keep wrestling, and out of nowhere my back just got really crazy. I went in for an MRI and I had to have some emergency surgery that threw me out of the game. I was kind of flipped out about it, I thought I'd be the main event this year."

Labels: , ,

I'm bummed this match didn't go down. Definitely would've been one of the biggest in Mania history. Hopefully next year Cena will tangle with Hogan... or maybe even The Rock.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: