« Home | New WWE Encyclopedia Debuts at #10 on NY Times Bes... » | John Cena vs The Rock at Mania 26? » | Film Review : 12 Rounds starring John Cena » | Mania 25 Match with the Hardy's a Blowoff to the F... » | Another Tidbit on the Women's WM 25 Battle Royal » | Vince Ticked About Creative as Mania Gets Near » | Vince McMahon Speaks Out in The Hollywood Reporter » | Update on WWE’s Planned All-Divas Special » | Big Show at First Supposed to be in the MITB Match » | Check Out Comcast's Special on Mania along with th... »


The Sun Interviews Kane on Mania, More



The Sun out of the UK has a new interview with RAW Superstar Kane today. You can read the full interview at this link but here are the highlights:

Watching Raw and Smackdown this week has really given us a taste for WrestleMania especially Shawn Michaels against your storyline brother Undertaker. Is that what the boys in the back consider as the real main event of the show?


Yeah, I think so, especially for me. They’ve had very few previous matches and to put them in a bout at WrestleMania just means so much more. And both are going to genuinely be out to prove something, as both could legitimately claim that title of Mr WrestleMania.

And remember that Undertaker has never defeated Shawn Michaels in a one-on-one match. But none of those – including the one where I made my debut back in 1997 – were at WrestleMania, where Undertaker is always at his best. So you are going to see be a tremendous match between two future Hall Of Famers that will be a once in a lifetime event for our fans.

So what’s your relationship with Mark Calaway like? Is he like a big brother to you in real life?

Undertaker’s helped a lot of people, myself included. I wouldn’t be in the position that I’m at if it wasn’t for him. He’s a stabilizing force backstage and he’s always helping the young guys out and passing on his knowledge and his expertise. So I’d say so but, I’d also say that I’m not the only one he’s a mentor to.

What’s the atmosphere in the locker room like, because the last few years have been terrible for the wrestling community? Is the morale quite low at the moment
?

No, not really. We get to do what we love to do and go out and perform in front of our fans. It’s just like everything else. Looking at things from the outside you probably have a different perspective then when you are actually there.

Our company has done a tremendous job of trying to get the sort of people that you would want to work for you, that you’d want to represent your company, into our company. And because of that the locker room is actually pretty harmonious. I would say actually that morale is very high, is as high as I’ve ever seen it.

Finally we’ve talked a bit about two matches at WrestleMania, what are your thoughts and predictions on the rest of the card?

Randy Orton is a snake and Triple H is at the top of his game, so I think you’re going to see Triple H retain his title. In the Big Show v Edge v John Cena match I’m going to go with Show on that one, because he’s physically so strong.

Matt and Jeff Hardy is a toss up. It’s two brothers so who knows what is going to happen there. Miz and Morrison will unify the titles and there are too many Divas in the battle royal for me to have any idea who will be the victor. As for Money In the Bank – I’ll win that one of course!

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: