« Home | WWE Spoils Result of Michaels-Taker for Sunday » | Four of the Past Divas Announced for Battle Royal » | Tazz Exits the WWE » | WWE Hall of Fame Presenters and Inductees on a Tig... » | 12 Rounds Tanks at the Box Office » | The Sun Interviews Kane on Mania, More » | New WWE Encyclopedia Debuts at #10 on NY Times Bes... » | John Cena vs The Rock at Mania 26? » | Film Review : 12 Rounds starring John Cena » | Mania 25 Match with the Hardy's a Blowoff to the F... »


Rey Mysterio Talks About his Future; Mania

In a recent interview with the Houston Chronicle to promote Sunday’s WrestleMania, Rey Mysterio revealed that he’s entering the final stage of his storied career. When asked whether it’s harder to move around at age 35 than it was at age 25, Mysterio responded, “It is without a doubt. I don’t know if it’s age or the years I’ve been doing it, but it has definitely taken a toll on my body.”

He added, “But I don’t want to quit. I still feel like I got a couple more years in me. I try to conserve myself as much as I can without doing as many crazy moves as I used to do when I was a lot younger. Some of those moves I can’t do anymore. Some I try to modify so I don’t have the risk of blowing out my knee or any other part of my body. It’s worked out pretty well.”

Mysterio also revealed that he has a fear of heights, “My very first show with the WWE I had my wrestling match versus Chavo (Guerrero). . . . I had to climb up a cage on the outside and stand on top and dive into the inside of the ring. At the moment it didn’t hit me — I climbed so fast — until I tried to stand with nothing behind me and ring in front of me. And looking 15 to 17 feet down is when it really hit me. (Laughs.) I don’t like heights. I just did it. It happened so fast, I just dove off and it was over.”

At 35 years old, Mysterio has been wrestling professionally for almost 20 years. He recently signed a 3-year WWE contract extension with options for a fourth and fifth year. You can read the entire interview at Chron.com.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: