« Home | What to Do with the Heavyweight Title Match at Ext... » | Big Title Match Featuring The Corre on Tap for Ext... » | The Miz Talks About WM 28, The Rock, Fans » | Morrison Is the First to Admit he Has a "Cold Shou... » | Gail Kim Resonds to Rumors of Her Leaving WWE » | Jim Ross Backstage at RAW; To Be on the Show Tonight » | Video: Disturbing Footage Of Scott Hall From Frida... » | Rock Heading Out to Promote New Movie » | When Will the WWE Draft Take Place? » | Austin Says He Could Wrestle Full-Time »


WWE Past and Present Stars Tweet on Edge's Retirement

Numerous current and former WWE stars commented on Edge's retirement via Twitter.

Hulk Hogan: "if any of the guys like me, Flair, Hardy, Andre, AA, Blanchard, orndoff, Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago, but I don't know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company. HH wrestlers work hurt!"

"What about Foley! I bet EDGE still wants to keep wrestling,he's one of the boys big time!!! HH"

"my take is with a unfixable neck injury it's over ,but he's one of the boys and it will be hard to keep him down,he's 4life HH"

After receiving criticism for his remarks, Hogan clarified his opinion.

"I'm not saying anything bad about Edge but he's a real wrestler,Stone Cold and Cena had neck surgery and u couldn't stop em,Or Edge it's in Edges blood,he lives for this business he's a real wrestler,he a lifer,he's one of the real boys,he's hard to hold down,that's all. HH"

Eric Bischoff:
"Best of luck to Edge. Class guy and a great talent. He will find success in anything he pursues."

Taz: "Edge, 1 of the GREAT guys in the biz. Awesone talent & awesome guy! I live the numbness in arms due to neck issues also, scary.Be well bro."

Eve Torres:
"An emotional night for sure. #ThankYouEdge. One of the most creative, hard working, passionate, & helpful men in the WWE. We'll miss you!"

Melina, in response to the reaction backstage: "everyone was sad. I know I'm being selfish for Wanting my Fav wrestlers to stay but I'm happy for them 4 leaving on their terms. Leaving such a great mark that we were able to witness.

It is an honor to know him. He has done so much. He has been there for many young talent. I wish him great happiness and well being. But I will keep hoping he'll be back."

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: