« Home | He's Done Comin to Get You: Boogeyman Released » | Ted DiBiase Sr. Coming Back for One Last Match? » | Mr.T Says He Turned Down an Invite to be in the WW... » | Latest Jim Ross Thoughts from his Blog » | Umaga Hurt at Tonight's SmackDown Tapings » | Hogan Throws Out a Teaser About a Mania Return » | The Latest Rumors on the 2009 WWE Draft » | Mania Tickets Stand At About 55,000 » | Jim Ross Comments on The Rock » | Tyson Kidd Going Heel Soon on ECW? »


J.R. Talks About Jericho vs Hogan as a Possible Mania Match

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here. Some highlights from this entry:

- Hard to believe that Ken Shamrock will fight Bobby Lashley in a MMA contest later this month as I understand it. There was a time that I could see the veteran, 45 year old Shamrock, a former WWE superstar, schooling the MMA rookie Lashley but that ship has long since sailed. I have great respect for Ken but he's outstayed his welcome in the octagon, cage, whatever and needs to teach and coach and stop fighting. I look for Lashley to completely dominate Shamrock in this fight. Kenny is fighting for one more pay day while Lashley is fighting to help establish what he hopes will be a long term, lucrative, MMA career.

- I read on the internet where Hulk Hogan is dropping hints that he "could" face Chris Jericho at WM25. Hey, that would be fine with me and I'm sure that match "could" be a possibility but for some reason I just don't see it happening. Obviously, Jericho is treading in Legend's territory and his WM25 match will like follow that theme especially this late in the game but I have yet to hear one conclusive name that will wrestle Jericho in Houston. I do know or strongly suspect it will NOT be Ric Flair. One has to surmise after what Jerry Lawler said about Jericho on Raw Monday night that a Lawler-Jericho confrontation is a distinct possibility at some point but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be at WM25. Chris Jericho and this entire Legend's issue has been one of the highlights of Monday Night Raw for this viewer for the past several weeks. Bottom line here is that Hulk is a great promoter and does as good a job as anyone in keeping his name out there to the wrestling public which is better than living and dying on TMZ.

- I don't expect Steve Austin to speak overly long at the WWE HOF Ceremony as Steve is a man that tells one what time it is and not how to make the watch. Knowing Stone Cold, he won't write a complete speech but will likely have a few notes and then allow his natural instincts to take over and then simply be himself which has always been good enough for me as more of today's wrestlers should practice Austin's philosophy. As you could probably understand, I am really excited about the 2009 WWE HOF Induction Ceremony as a limited number of tickets are still available for the Saturday April 4 event from the Toyota Center in Houston.

- What will be the last match to go on at WM25? Several emailers to this site have suggested it should be the Undertaker vs. HBK match. While I am looking forward to this Texas sized presentation involving two of WWE's most prominent icons ever including Taker's "Streak", and would LOVE to call this match, I see WM25 ending with either the WWE or the World's Title Bout. No one has told me and it's a nice problem to have but I'm thinking title when thinking of a show closer on April 5. There could be many "right ways" to end WM25 as it relates who gets the distinction of closing the biggest show of the year.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: