« Home | RAW Preview for Tonight from WWE.com » | The Sun Talks with The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase » | Ross Talks Releases, Lesner, Coachman » | Orton Cleared to Return to Action » | Smack Down Overtaking Raw » | Foley All But Confirms He's Leaving in September » | WWE Releases Six - Five Wrestlers and One Ref » | WWE Releases Chris Harris » | Update on the Future of The Great Khali » | Latest News and Notes From Jim Ross' Blog »


Batista Not Happy w/ Build to SummerSlam

SLAM! Wrestling has an article on Batista today. He said he's less than thrilled with the buildup for his match with John Cena at SummerSlam. "It's one of those things where, personally I like the long, drawn-out storylines," Batista said. "The buildups to big matches where Triple H and I are the perfect example. We had such a buildup for our match. Cena and I being in such a marquee match, I really wish the buildup had been allowed."

He also added, "I think a match like that deserves the fan's emotional investment. It's way too soon. It's just an attraction match and I think it's more valuable than that, I think it's been wasted a little bit. It will still be a hell of a match, I just wish some more emotional investment put into the match. Right now, I feel it's more of an attraction, something that's new and fresh." Batista also commented on last week's slew of WWE releases. He also praised Big Daddy V. Batista said, "You hate to see anybody lose their jobs. Shannon Moore is a real hard worker, so is Domino. Nick Patrick left as well? I didn't know that; as far as I know he left a while ago, he had a really bad back. It's just one of those things where they don't have anything for those guys and they leave a lot of guys sitting on the sidelines so they free them up so they can pursue other things.

The cool thing about the WWE is that you're always welcome back. He was on such a roll before he left and he got really sick. I think we have yet to see the best of the Big Daddy V character come into its own. For a man of his size, he is incredibly athletic."

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: