« Home | New Morning Show to Feature former WWE Star Maven » | Rev Theroy's New Song to Highlight "One Night Stand" » | Hogan's Can Call an Old Friend to Do Damage Contro... » | RAW Rating One of the Worst in a Decade » | A Lame Preview » | Report: Mysterio Back June 14th » | Rev Theory Supply New Randy Orton Theme Song – “Vo... » | ECW Preview from WWE.Com » | The Million Dollar Night » | Brooke Hogan Involved in an Auto Accident in Florida »


Latest Highlights from Jim Ross' Blog

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry on his website, which is currently undergoing an overhaul. A few highlights from this entry:

- The $1M promotion that the WWE is going to start soon on Monday Night Raw is garnering a healthy amount of reaction from fans and Internet types. It appears to be similar to many ratings promotions that are done by TV networks, especially in May and November, and also by radio stations, to enhance viewership. Many critics are blasting the on air promotion before it even starts or before the details are known, but that isn’t unusual these days.

- It will be a big night in San Antonio on June 23 as the, apparent, Annual WWE Draft will be held during a 3 hour Monday Night Raw. I am interested in how the order of the draft will be determined and the process that will be utilized to make the selections. I read where the TV announcers are also eligible for the draft, which is perplexing. I can’t speak for the King, but I am personally not interested in leaving Monday Night Raw. I hope that I didn’t just jinx myself. Working regularly on another broadcast would feel strange at this stage of my game.

- Unless I miscounted, there are 7 bouts scheduled for One Night Stand this Sunday in San Diego on pay per view. All will have extreme rules to one degree or another, which makes for an interesting, albeit challenging, night. The good news is that we fans most likely will see clear cut winners and losers in each contest. This PPV is "Raw heavy" with 4 clearly defined Raw matches, plus the HBK-Batista match, which I assume Michael Cole and Mick Foley will call as they only have one Smackdown contest at this time as do ECW’s Mike Adamle and Tazz. From a broadcasting perspective, it looks as if The King will have to carry another multi-branded PPV.

- I hope I am never incarcerated or have any family members jailed, but if I do, I can assure you that I would become a letter writing fool and X-Nay…Phone-A.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: