« Home | Report: Lashley Wants Release From WWE » | WrestleMania Fan Axxess Tour Gets Fans Into The Ac... » | The Road to Wrestle Mania Begins » | Good Article on Lita and her Current Mindset About... » | 2008 WWE Let's Wrestle Royal Rumble Contest » | A Sneek Peek at the New Cover for Triple H's DVD » | Latest Jim Ross Blog Hits on Mania 09, WCCW, Tazz » | We have a new champ » | The Preview for No Way Out from InDEMAND » | Lets Wrestle also in HD »


Cena Sits Down with The Sun Newspaper in the UK

Article with John Cena from The Sun in the UK

Cena: I won't wrestle at ManiaBy The LILSBOYS

Published: 23 Jan 2008

JOHN CENA will definitely NOT be competing at WrestleMania 24.

The former world champion has been out of action with a torn pectoral muscle since October.

And although his rehab is going well, WWE bosses are sending him to star in their latest action movie 12 Rounds — meaning he will not wrestle at the big event on March 30.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, Cena said: “I most likely will be at WrestleMania in some capacity, but you probably won't see me on camera.

“I'm actually moving to New Orleans in one week and spending some time with the police there, to learn how to be a better cop as that's what the film is about.

“The movie to take up the bulk of my time through to US Memorial Day, which is at the end of May.

“I know we're going to film on Saturdays, but I'd like to be at the Hall Of Fame as that's an event that I really love.”

A passionate wrestling fan and WWE figurehead, Cena is upset at missing out on the WrestleMania but feels he has to put the future of the company first.

He added: “I tried to plead my case, but with the writers' strike and the talk of a possible actors' strike it has to be done now.

“The success of WWE Films rests on getting a theatrical release out for late 2007/early 2008 and this one was already in talks.

“I got hurt in October but it was planned back in July. We had a good script and a solid story.

“Too many of the wheels were in motion to just pull on the breaks.

“Will I do all my own stunts in this film? Probably not.

“But we will get a movie out there, extend the brand and increase WWE awareness.”

The good news for Cena's fans is he will almost certainly return to action as soon as shooting is over.

He said: “I do four to six hours of physical therapy each day. My goal is get back into the ring as soon as possible.

“I'm sick of sitting on the sidelines.”

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: