« Home | McMahon to Make Statement on Benoit on Tonight's ECW » | WWE Puts out New Statement Regarding Media's Cover... » | ESPN.com Story on Benoit with Quotes from District... » | What Fans Are Saying in the SHOUTBOX About Benoit » | More Gruesome Benoit Details; Press Conference Run... » | Latest AP Article on Benoit Following the 3PM Pres... » | AJC: Nancy Benoit Filed for Divorce in 2003 » | AP: Benoit Strangled wife, Smothered son, Hanged ... » | Latest on Benoit on TMZ.com; 3PM Press Conference » | News on Tonight's SmackDown and ECW; Personal Thou... »


Jim Ross Talks about the Chris Benoit Tragedy


Jim Ross Posted The Following On His Website jrsbarbq.com

Jim Ross Remembers Chris Benoit

I am in shock, as I’m sure many of you are as well, at the horrific tragedy that occurred involving Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their son Daniel. I knew them all well and this is a terrible and unnecessary loss of 3 lives.

Monday in Corpus Christi was surreal and overtly challenging for everyone. Broadcasting the 3 hour tribute show on Raw seemed befitting to recognize Chris’ career, but it wasn’t an easy show to execute. As of this writing, I couldn’t pass a quiz as to what actually aired.

The details that are now coming out of the police investigation are beyond my comprehension. I don’t even know how to respond to them.

I knew Chris for many, many years and knew his wife Nancy even longer. Daniel was a precious, little gentleman.

While the news media reports on this senseless and tragic event, my thoughts turn to the families of Nancy and Chris and especially to Chris’ two other young children, David and Megan, notwithstanding the Benoit’s many friends and business associates who will miss them all so dearly.

For those of us that knew this family on a personal basis, this tragedy is especially heartbreaking. I did not sleep Monday night thinking about the last time I saw Chris, Nancy, and David. I remember the smiles on their faces. I will try and retain that memory for as long as I possibly can. This is a surreal, unfathomable occurrence. For all of those that are hurting as are my wife, Jan and me, we wish you our sincere condolences.

We are all hurting, but we all must move forward. May God Bless and comfort the Benoit family and their many friends during this time. J.R.

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: