« Home | The Hogan-Andre Myth Grows » | No Hogan...what next? » | Hogan, Hardy, and More.... » | Smackdown 8/4 » | Random Wrestlemania 23 Rant » | ECW 8/1 » | Monday Night Raw 7/31 » | Monday Night Raw 7/24 » | Baseball Season Is Upon Us! »


RAW 8/7

Sorry about how late it took me to get this report up, but the week has been kind of backwords, and I just finally was able to finish RAW last night. As for the show, kind of lackluster and kind of bland. They had a pretty hot show in my opinion last week, even with the silly cigar storyline, but this week took a step backwords. Edge and Lita vs Trish and Carlito was sort of lame, the Vis vs Cena match had a cool ending, but we've seen Cena FU Big Show, so what's the difference? Orton vs Lawler was a total squash in my opinion, and the Foley-Flair promo was a duck considering that Foley went from "not wasting a match" on Flair to an "I Quit" match in a matter of 90 seconds.

As for the McMahon-DX saga, here is my major problem. Just one month ago you had actual wrestlers in the Spirit Squad week after week after week getting killed by DX either with comedy skits or just a in-ring beatdown. The Squad, the tag-champs, never got one bit of an advantage in the "feud" to the point where the SNME match was nothing more than a 6 minute squash. Now a month later, you have a 60-year old and his grey haried son beating on the former unbeatable tag team of Michaels and HHH week after week leading to their SS match. What's wrong with this picture? I just don't think its good business for two "non" wrestlers to get the upper hand week after week on two guys who are supposed to be main cogs in the company. I know that DX will get their revenge at SS...but I hope they don't pull a swerve and let the McMahons win and drag it out to the September PPV. If nothing else, have another team interfere and start a feud with real wrestlers, not the grey haired owner of the company and his son.

As I have stated before, I like the direction they are taking with Umaga. It looks like between Edge, Orton and Umaga, those are going to be the three top heels in the company for sometime to come. I don't know long term what they have for Umaga, but I think an intercontinal title regin could get him more heat, then an eventual program with Cena would be the way to go with the former Three Minute Warning wrestler.

All in all, I hope with Hogan's return next week the mood of the show picks up and the energy and booking is a bit better.

Till the bell rings again
Matt

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: