« Home | Punk back on the road this weekend » | "Viewer's Choice Night" on RAW next Week » | Undertaker Injured - Fatal 4 Way Appearance in Jeo... » | WWE Pushing new Hosts for RAW » | The Undertaker Bleeds on SmackDown, Update on WWE'... » | Arn Anderson going into the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame? » | Jim Ross Gives an Update on his Future » | Get a Brand New Gillette Fusion ProGlide » | The reason for Batista's RAW exit » | Backup Plan for Randy Orton injury »


Latest J.R. Blog; Edge retiring talk

Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are a few highlights:

- Interesting article in an Asheville, N.C. newspaper on Edge where he said he could see retiring in two years. I think many in Edge’s generation who have made big money, and he has, and have wisely saved and invested it, and I suspect that he has, will not hang around the business too long simply so that they can preserve what physical health that they can. Edge has had significant injuries in his illustrious career specifically his neck surgery and if asked, and I haven’t, I would advise him to call it a career sooner than later if he can financially afford it. Too many wrestlers have to stay longer than they need or should because of financial issues but I would be shocked if Edge even remotely comes close to that syndrome. Guys in Edge’s generation can easily take a look at previous generations of wrestlers to learn what NOT to do as it relates to their career and personal life style. Smart wrestles who work hard, get a break, and plan for their future by using a professionals help can often times comfortably retire from in ring wrestling by the time that they are in their 40’s.

- Emailers are congratulating me on my new ‘contract’ with WWE….I do not have a ‘contract’ but am a regular employee like many people who are not TV talents. That arrangement works just fine with me BTW. Plus, no one should feel badly that I’m not on weekly TV any longer. I don’t feel bad about it and neither should you. I feel confident that I will do selected, talent work with WWE in the future but just not on a weekly basis.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: