« Home | Triple H Opens Up in a Rare Interview » | A Crazy Look Back at the Cena-Edge Feud » | Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka DVD Coming April 14th » | Price Increase Coming for Mania » | This Weeks Billboard Recreational Sports DVD chart » | Tomko Released Not Long After His Return » | Two More Ladies Contacted About the Mania Battle R... » | Howard Finkel Going Into the 2009 WWE Hall of Fame... » | R-Truth Pulled From the Mania MITB Match » | McMahon Didn't Even Want Christian at Mania 25 »


J.R. Blogs on Y2J, WM 25 and the HOF

Jim Ross is back with another blog update over at jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights from this entry:

- Chris Jericho has done an amazing job in carrying the load for his upcoming WM25 bout apparently now against three legends, WWE HOF’ers Rowdy Roddy Piper and Jimmy “Super Fly” Snuka teaming with 2009 inductee Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat. Jericho really turned up the steam on Monday night with a physical beat down of the still ultra popular Ric Flair that even had me squirming in my easy chair. Jericho’s TV persona is one of the easiest on WWE TV to dislike which, in the native of Winnipeg’s case, is a good thing. Jericho’s assault of Flair was uncomfortable and disturbing and will no doubt heighten the interest in Jericho’s Wrestlemania bout.

- One has to assume that WM25 will end with a title bout but one can also certainly make an argument for the match surrounding “The Streak” to close the show in Reliant Stadium but I would not wager on such a thing happening.

- I have been working on my induction speech for Cowboy Bill Watts entrance into the WWE Hall of Fame and keeping it under three minutes is going to be challenging but doable. Someone once said that yours truly couldn’t say “hello” in three minutes and they are probably correct. I just have to keep thinking “sound bytes” and I should be o.k.

- I would love to see WWE make a concerted effort to develop their Hall of Fame brand with signed merchandise including limited edition numbered and signed collectibles just like the Heisman Trophy winners do. I have a black, football helmet with every living Heisman trophy winner signature on in in a gold Sharpie. I know that as a fan and a collector that items such as this would be a hit in my house.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: