« Home | Maryse Suffers Knee Injury at House Show » | WWE Already Not Thrilled with Kizarny? » | Paul Heyman Unveils "Paulie" Awards » | An All Over the Place RAW Wraps Up 2008 » | WWE Puts Out Update on WrestleMania Axxess » | Maria Responds to Fans Hating her Wrestling Skills » | Update on Where Candice Michelle's Been » | Chyna Rushed to the Hospial After Birthday Party » | Batista Tears Hammy; Out for a Few Months » | Tidbit on the Upcoming Legends of WrestleMania Vid... »


Jim Ross Shares His Thoughts in His Updated Blog

Jim Ross is back with another update at his website, jrsbarbq.com. Some of the highlights from this entry:

- Signs at wrestling events…..we have established that I am not a member or the “sign police” of the WWE….I also do not make policy as to what signs are allowed to appear on the WWE’s TV shows in the arenas that the WWE rents for production of these broadcasts. If it were up to me and the signs were not profane and of bad taste, I would not confiscate any of them. Some of you said I was the “face of wrestling” which is really scary in itself. I am “not worthy” nor do I consider myself such.

- PG rated wrestling shows…..that ’s what the WWE is offering and that’s what my primary area of concern is because that who employs me and pays me. I personally like the PG ratings for many reasons. Selfishly, now my daughter will allow her 5 and 3 year old daughters to watch their grandpa on Friday nights because the program content isn’t as edgy and doesn’t have to be constantly monitored or at least monitored as closely.

- Sports Illustrated…I have subscribed to S.I. longer than I am sure many of you have been alive…I am not planning on canceling my subscription either but S.I. was in the wrong when they inferred that Mick Foley was a role model for the Mickey Rourke character in the film “The Wrestler.” I am not “damning” S.I. but the writer simply did not do his home work and unfortunately some readers will accept his account of watching the film with Foley as factual. The writer was wrong and will hopefully address his errors but I’m not holding my breath.

- Really sad to hear about Joanie “Chyna” Lauer’s recent troubles. I am thankful she is alive after apparently overdosing on her birthday. I truly hope Joanie gets more professional help, the WWE is an option for her, with whatever issues she has and find true happiness in her life. I’m not sure that her kind of happiness is going to be found in Tinseltown. Joanie was always so health conscious when she was on the WWE roster and the reports about her issues the past several years have been personally troubling to me. She had many challenges in her life LONG before she arrived in the WWE which I honestly feel are at the root of her problems today. Nonetheless, I am no Dr. Phil but I do hope that Joanie gets better and finds a vocation that is personally rewarding to her.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: