« Home | Former Diva Stacy Kiebler to Appear at Friday's Co... » | More Talk About Brooke Hogan Doing Playboy » | Talk of a New GM on RAW Confirmed » | Dawn of a New Era on ECW » | SmackDown Spoiler for Friday » | Lena Yada Moving to SmackDown? » | WWE® and Jenny McCarthy SmackDown Autism » | Sandman Arrested Sunday Night and Charged with Ass... » | Hector Guerrero Says Vickie Not Speaking to Eddie'... » | House Show Card for WWE RAW in North Little Rock 9/13 »


Kendrick's New Gimmick A Reprise of His ZERO1 Character

From: Lords of Pain.net

Brian Kendrick's new heel act appears to be similar to his "Leonardo Spanky" gimmick during his time in the ZERO1 promotion in Japan earlier in his career. Kendrick took on the gimmick due to his resemblance to actor Leonardo DiCaprio, at least in the eyes of Japanese wrestler Shinya Hashimoto. In a 2004 interview Kendrick did with SLAM! Wrestling following his initial release from WWE, he said, "When I got there, the guy picked me up (at the airport) and in broken English pretty much told me that Hashimoto thinks I look like Leonardo DiCaprio. I was like, okay, whatever." He also added, "Doing it in the States, I'd get killed. If they had brought me into the 'Fed doing that, I'd be the biggest heel in the company, and not a good kind of heel. People would just hate it. But over there, for whatever reason, Hashimoto knows what he's doing because it worked, so I just ran with it."

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: