« Home | D-Lo's Hiring to do With Skin Color » | Info on Jimmy Wang Yang's Recent Suspension » | WWE's Florida Champiosnship Wrestling Still Having... » | Photo of Linda Hogan Hugging Up to Her 19-Year Old... » | RAW Rating Finally Heads in the Up Direction » | ECW, More of the Same Old Lame Action » | James vs Lea for the Women's Title Added to PPV » | WWE Developmental Talent Arrested in Incident » | DVD Review : Guest Booker with Gary Hart – Booking... » | Hogan, Family Receive Obscene Threats »


LA Times Feature Article on The People's Champ



Dwayne Johnson jumps back into Hollywood's name game
A modified moniker is often part of a new image

By Rachel Abramowitz, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
June 18, 2008

Here's a news flash: The Rock is no more. It's not even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson but merely Dwayne Johnson, plain vanilla, regular guy, would-be action-hero for the text-message set.

For us mere mortals, it's always slightly mystifying to watch celebrities and their names mutate. Madonna Ciccone to Madonna. Fabio Lanzoni to Fabio. Prince Rogers Nelson to Prince to The Artist formerly known as Prince to the unruly acronym TAFKAP.

And let's not forget Sean Combs, who seems to shuffle his handle with each new business incarnation. Just last week, he posted a bizarre video on You Tube, explaining that despite rumors to the contrary, he hadn't changed his name . . . again. Staring at the camera, he ranted, "But if I wanted to I could call myself anything I want because I have lived this life . . . By the way, I'm rich. . . . I would say that to any of my names."

Click HERE to read the rest of the story

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: