« Home | Let's Wrestle Looking for New Writers » | Updated 2008 Backlash Card » | Smack Down a Let Down » | Bret Hart Speaks on the WWE, His Book, Steve Austin » | The Great Khali Taking Time Off? » | WrestleMania XXV Teaser! » | Highlights from the Latest Jim Ross Blog » | FLASHBACK - One Year Ago Today on Let's Wrestle: A... » | SmackDown Preview from WWE.com » | Booking Decisions as Confusing as Ever for Backlash »


Kurt Angle Talks About Why he Left the WWE



TNA Champion Kurt Angle recently did an interview with Mike McMahon. In it, he talks about the circumstances surrounding him leaving WWE.

Angle commented, "I wanted time to really heal my neck," said Angle. "I went to Vince McMahon, the head of WWE, and asked for the time off and he basically said, 'No.' That incident really made me look at my life. That year, I was on the road for 304 days, and my marriage was just falling apart, my wife had filed for divorce... I went back to Vince and asked to go part-time, like some of the older veterans had done. He said no to part-time, so I was fed up and told him I wanted to quit, and he got really mad, and I mean really mad, almost like he wanted to fight me. I took real offense to that. My life was falling apart, and I felt like they didn't care. My neck was in tough shape, and they wanted me to keep performing every night. I felt I deserved to at least go part-time, even though I really needed the time off."

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: