« Home | Smackdown 8/25 » | Random SmackDown-RAW Thoughts » | Angle's In and Out of Ring Health A Major Concern » | Two Bad Feuds To Continue » | ECW 8/22 » | DVD Review - "McMahon" » | Hardy's Debut A Total Waste » | RAW 8/21 » | SummerSlam Main Event Lives Up To Hype » | Booker-Batista Simply A Disaster »


Angle Goes Home - For Now


As I wrote the last blog on the Kurt Angle health situation, I could sense that the whole thing was not going to get settled until Angle gets an extended amount of time off. Friday, the WWE announced that they have released Angle, and in doing so they stated it was a mutal decision along with Angle. I am not surprised at the move, considering the amount of pain that Angle is dealing with, along with the mental battles outside the ring.

Will Angle be back? Someday. I don't have a doubt that Angle is going to go home, get his life together, both mentally and physically, and sometime again be back in a WWE ring. The whole thing with him going to ECW was simply not the answer, and he is way too much of a talent to be wasted on the WWE's third brand. I think that give it 6-8 months, he'll get things together and be back. “I need my body to reheal and rehab, I have done this for too long without a break." Angle told WWE.com. "I haven’t been able to really enjoy my life. I haven’t seen my family, I’ve had problems with medication - I’m just fried physically and mentally.”

Sounds like a broken and beaten man. It is totally understandable considering what he has been through. Again, look for a few months away from the sport, and then he'll be back, and hopefully he'll be back better than ever.

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: