« Home | SummerSlam Main Event Lives Up To Hype » | Booker-Batista Simply A Disaster » | Thoughts on the Flair-Foley Bloodbath » | Hogan vs Orton Fit The Bill for What it Was » | Fans Did Their Part In Rey-Chavo Match » | Quick Post SummerSlam Thoughts... » | SmackDown 8/19 » | SummerSlam Always Has Had Its Moments » | 2006 Diva Search Finally Over » | ECW 8/15 »


RAW 8/21

Ugh. To say that I did not like this show at all is an understatment. Why didn't they just call this show "Sophomore Pranks with DX"? I hated it. I hated the DX stuff, I hated the Foley-Melina stuff, I hated just about all the matches. Maybe I was burned out from SummerSlam, or maybe I am just tired already of the McMahon-DX angle week after week taking up tons of time that could be used to push younger stars.

Why I am on that kick, speaking of younger stars - why the heck am I forced to watch 52-year old Jim Duggan every week? I mean, I like the whole nostaliga thing, but give me a break. What's next - Jerry Lawler as a regular fighting each week. Having the older guys back now and then is actually cool, but having Duggan on RAW and 41-year old Tatanka on Smackdown each week really I don't think fits the product. Let's see some younger guys get a shot, heck knows that both these older guys have had that shot in the past.

Back to RAW, I am not that big of a Jeff Hardy fan, so his comeback meant next to nothing to me. Of course instead of just a normal comeback push with a match against a guy like Rob Conway, they throw him right in with the WWE Champion. Odd booking despite the fact that the two have a history.

Trish vs Victoria was about the best wrestling match on the show, which isn't saying much. Give these two ladies some credit though, as the effort was there in a solid womens match.

On to the DX crap, and that is what it was - crap. I like DX. I really was pumped when they came back, and really was looking forward to the teamming of HHH and Shawn, but this is getting really bad, really quick. Gee, anyone else notice that all the DX symbols were painted exactly the same? I thought that at SummerSlam it was a solid ending to the McMahon-DX fued, but evidently I was totally wrong. Why they would drag this thing out I have no idea. It tells me that creative has no idea what to do with DX, and Vince and Shane still hunger for huge amounts of TV time.

Then there was the butt-kissing club with McMahon and Foley. I predicted on Sunday night post SS that they would use Foley's heroic performance to make him a face again, and I was correct. Having Melina turn on him was not much of a shock, and it gives Foley a way out of the business again for a while till a comeback is called for.

Again, not happy with the show, give me more wrestling, less DX and McMahon and younger pushes.

You're right on, the problem with WWE is that they're trying too much to make it a real sport with real history. Look at football - They trot out all the old guys as comentators and induct them into a hall of fame(football actually has a BUILDING called the hall of fame too...). Great! They were amazing in their own time! But you don't see Terry Bradshaw throwing passes do you? I don't want to see decrepit old Jim D, or big fat ancient Sgt. Slaughter... I want to remember them in their prime.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: