« Home | Reason Why Diva's Were Switched » | Upated Card for Bragging Rights » | Why Morrison Kept the Belt » | Rumors Abound as to Why Punk Lost the Belt » | RAW Rating Goes Up » | Razor Blade Falls During Orton-Cena Match » | Who was the Masked Man on RAW with Cedric? » | WrestleMania 26 Poster Released » | Ted Dibiase Hints at Future Feud with Randy Orton » | Hacksaw Duggan Removed from WWE Website »


HOF Manager Capt. Lou Albano Passes Away

WWE Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano (Louis Vincent Albano) has died. He was 76 years old. His cause of death is still unknown at this time. Earlier this week, his family sent out a statement that he was under hospice care. They said he did not have cancer and asked for supporters to respect his privacy.

Our condolences go out to the friends and family of the late Captain Lou.

Here are some Tweets from Wrestlers about Lou's passing:

Matt Morgan:

U gotta be f’n kidding me! Just heard the bad news that Capt Lou Albano passed. He was just as much of a “star” to me as a kid, as was the wrestlers! One of the better personalities our sport has produced. He was very vital in mainstreaming “rock-n-wrestling” in 80s

Steve Keirn:

R.I.P. Captain Lou Albano. We send our deepest condolences to his friends and family during this time.

Taz:

sorry to hear about the GREAT Capt Lou….god bless.

Christopher Daniels:

RIP Captain Lou.

Ken Anderson:

RIP Lou Albano. I was laid up in the hospital for 9 days in 2001, and Rob Norwood and Shane Hills brought me an autographed 8 x 10 from him.

Jeremy Borash:

Wearing a rubber band on my cheek today. RIP Captain Lou. One of my favs.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: