« Home | Tazz Headed to TNA » | Interesting Note on the Steamboat/Jericho Match fo... » | Mysterio Loses His Mask Twice in a Match » | Randy Orton Talks on Legacy - Why Manu Was Booted Out » | Jeff Hardy Leaving the WWE » | Why the Hall of Fame Was So Much Shorter Than Year... » | Jim Ross Comments on The Latest in the WWE » | A Funny Tribute to The Rock » | 36 Stars Move Brands During the Latest WWE Draft » | Some Diva News - Maryse and the WM Battle Royal »


Jim Ross Comments on Recent WWE Happenings

Jim Ross is back with yet another blog update this weekend over at jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:

- Backlash feels like a “sleeper” PPV & will likely bring with it some surprises.The match that may plesantly surprise us is the Steamboat-Jericho bout. I’m approaching this (unofficially) as Ricky’s last 1 on 1 bout. I have loved his work for years and admire him as an honorable man & one of the best fan favorites ever. Chris Jericho is the perfect opponent for “The Dragon” which makes this match even more intriging to me as a fan.

- I’ve been traveling some recently w/ Matt Striker on the road which I enjoy. Matt is a real student of the biz who wants to learn his craft. Plus, he’s a good “wheel man.” We’ll make our way to NYC after Backlash.

- I was hoping to hook up w/ JBL while in NYC but John is out of town next week. He did give me some BBQ joints to try. John is busy building his businesses which could include doing business w/ JR’s Family BBQ down the road.

- After this coming week, specifically Tuesday nite at MSG when MVP faces Dolph Ziggler for the U.S. Title, it looks as if WWE is going to be really serious about the brand separation. I hope that assumption is accurate. I like giving more talents the opportunity to become stars.

- I’m anxious to see what our announcer assignments will be for Backlash. Several bouts intrige me on what I perceive to be a largely “wrestling heavy” event. Backlash is sold out as is Monday’s Raw in Bridgeport and Smackdown Tuesday in MSG.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: