« Home | WrestleMania XXVI to Be at the Home of the Cardinals » | WWE Releases Manu - Here's the Story Behind It » | Hogan Admits to Speaking to McMahon About Wrestlin... » | Latest on Triple H Playing Thor » | Slaughter Contacted for Storyline vs Jericho » | Complete Interview with former WWE Diva Chyna » | Backstage Crazy as Plans for Mania Keep Changing » | Hogan and McMahon in Talks About a Mania Match » | Complete Roster For Upcoming "Legends of WrestleMa... » | Matt Hardy Lays Into Jeff Hardy on His Blog »


Rourke to Still Be at WM 25

Despite the fact that Mickey Rourke won "Best Actor" awards at the Golden Globes, BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) and the Award and Film Independent’s Spirit Award shows for his role as Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler", he came up short last night at the Academy Awards. The Best Actor Oscar was awarded to Sean Penn for his role in "Milk".

Telegraph.co.uk spoke to Mickey Rourke this weekend, who said he’d rather have more time with his beloved Chihuahua Loki, who passed away last week, than win an Oscar. "It's bittersweet. I said to myself I’d rather have Loki for another two years than an Oscar." He added, "She's the love of my life. She left me at a time where, after 18 years, she knew I'd be all right."

WWE.com has an article up today about the Oscar snub and notes that the actor plans to attend the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania as a guest of WWE.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: