« Home | RAW GM Adamle to Wrestle at Some Point » | Stone Cold Steve Austin to Appear at Cyber Sunday? » | Latest on the Health of Killer Kowalski » | Official "Rules" for Unforgiven Championship Scramble » | Wow, ECW Entertaining For Once » | Pick a Stiff Night » | Let's Talk Wrestling SummerSlam Post Show Report » | RAW Preview from WWE.com » | Foley Was Slated to be at Part of Hell in a Cell a... » | Michaels/Jericho Segment Slammed at SummerSlam »


WWE Signs 285 Pound Weightlifting Champion

From: PWMania.com

The United Kingdom’s Evening Post is reporting that WWE has signed Rob Terry to a three-year developmental contract. Rob Terry is a 28-year-old weightlifting champion from Wales and moved to America last October taking part in a special training program. He is currently signed to Florida Championship Wrestling.

Rob Terry is 6ft 5ins and 285 pounds, he caught Vince McMahon’s eye after winning virtually every natural bodybuilding event in Britain and Europe according to the article.

"It was quite daunting at first because I had no experience," he said. "I'm signed up to the Florida Championship Wrestling franchise, which is the feeder to the WWE. Some of the other guys there have been on the amateur wrestling circuit for years."

"I also got to go along to Wrestlemania, which was mind-blowing because I got to chat one-on-one with some big names like Triple H. He was a really down-to-earth guy and it was great to meet him because he is one of my heroes. He's also built very big like me and gave me plenty of good advice.” Terry said.

He also added, "I know it's going to take time to get there, but I'm determined to make it in WWE."

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Matt Loede
  • From Cleveland OH
  • Matt has been involved in sports media for over ten years, with experience covering the NFL, NBA, and MLB for the past 13+ years.
View My Complete Profile
Follow us on Twitter!
Bodybuilder.com

Recommended DVDs












Subscribe to Let's Wrestle!
Enter your email address: